Though only 36 days have passed in the current financial year 2015-16 (1st April, 2015 to 30th March, 2016), 39 announcements have so far been implemented which are listed below:-
1. New department for housekeeping created. It will address the issue of cleanliness in a more integrated and coordinated manner.
2. Disposable bags for garbage disposal have been started as a pilot project in Mumbai-Amritsar Punjab mail.
3. New non-AC coaches being manufactured in ICF have dustbins from 1st of May, 2015.
4. NIFT, Delhi has been engaged for designing of bedroll etc.
5. 03 new mechanized laundries have been started at Kochiveli, Malda town and Santragachhi to supply clean linen taking total of such laundries to 33. Twenty nine more locations have been identified.
6. Passenger Helpline 138 already functional. It will work as an interface for queries/complaints related to medical emergency, cleanliness, food & catering, coach maintenance, linen etc.
7. Security Helpline 182 already functional to report any unsavoury incidents. This service is very important public service and may play an important role in emergencies like crime against women, onboard unlawful activity, train accidents, medical attention required and fire etc.
8. An application and a portal to redress railway related complaints has been developed where online tracking of complaints is also possible.
9. Operation 5 minutes launched i.e. to purchase unreserved tickets within 5 minutes. It has been launched as pilot project on Chennai suburban railway where passengers can buy paperless unreserved tickets on their mobile.
10. Instructions have been issued for differently-abled travelers to purchase concessional E-tickets after one time registration.